* the Archbishop's Residence
* the Caesar's fountain
* the Cathedral of St. Vaclav
* the Hercules' fountain
* the Hradisko Monastery
* the Jupiter's fountain
* the St. Maria church
* the Mercury's fountain
* the St. Michael's church
* the St. Maurice's church
* the Plague Column
* the St. Mary Snow church
* the National History Museum
* the Neptune's fountain
* the Town's Astronomical Clock
* the Town Hall
* the St. Sarkander's chapel
* the Theresa Gate
* the Tritons' fountain
* the Holy Trinity Column
the Cathedral of St. Vaclav

the Cathedral of St. Vaclav

The cathedral of St. Vaclav was founded by the Prince Svatopluk sometime in 1104 - 1107. The church had been rebuilt several times, therefore the different architectural styles. After the fire in 1265 and in the middle of the 14th century the church was rebuilt in the Gothic style and at the end of the 16th century the middle steeple was added. A dramatic restoration in the neo-Gothic style took place in 1883 - 1892. This time the interior was renovated and on the south side the 100 m tall tower was added and also two shorter steeples were built on the original Romanesque towers.

History home page   Olomouc.Com
(c) Redigy 1998