* the Archbishop's Residence
* the Caesar's fountain
* the Cathedral of St. Vaclav
* the Hercules' fountain
* the Hradisko Monastery
* the Jupiter's fountain
* the St. Maria church
* the Mercury's fountain
* the St. Michael's church
* the St. Maurice's church
* the Plague Column
* the St. Mary Snow church
* the National History Museum
* the Neptune's fountain
* the Town's Astronomical Clock
* the Town Hall
* the St. Sarkander's chapel
* the Theresa Gate
* the Tritons' fountain
* the Holy Trinity Column
the National History Museum

the National History Museum

The National History Museum (no. 6) is located in the impressive building of the former church and convent of Poor Clares from 1773 - 1785. This property served previously as army barracks in conjunction with a library. A peculiar combination. A Museum of Natural Science was located here in 1848. After the 2. World War it was integrated with other Olomouc museums and transformed into the present day museum.

History home page   Olomouc.Com
(c) Redigy 1998